The Milwaukee Road 261 was one of ten S3 Northern type locomotives numbered 260-269 built for the Milwaukee Road in June of 1944 by ALCO and saw service for only ten years. Restored in 1993, it now sees excursion service around the upper midwest. Since restoration it has logged more then 40,000 miles on the mainlines around the United States.
Milwaukee Road 261 has now hit the high iron once again after a 4 year rebuild. First Public excursion is to Duluth, MN on the weekend of National Train Day and Mothers Day.
This site and its contents Copyright © 2010 - Friends of the 261